In the latest production from Big Machine, we explore what it takes to build a usable, “serverless” ecommerce application. I’m not just talking about checking out and running a Stripe charge – no we’re doing it all.
In this video we’ll set up:
- A web site hosted by Firebase, generated by Middleman, secured with SSL
- Digital fulfillment (with counters and expiring URLs) using Firebase Storage
- Authentication using OAuth
- Email notifications and customer management, integrating with Drip
- Paranoid data collection using PostgreSQL at Compose.com
- A REAL set of checkout data, including geolocating IP addresses, payment and processor retention
I built a site that I want to use, far beyond a typical demo
. That site is yours along with over 3 hours of video explanation.
All of the code in the video and the book is available in our Github repository. You can download individual chapters, or checkout with Git.